It's me, Jen.
Are you still there?
(Yeah, I would be long gone by now too.)
I finally shut off What the Blog... made it private except to the other 2 admins and myself. It's closed until further notice, which is somewhere between forever and ever. Maybe I will miraculously find time to bring it back, but it's doubtful.
I really am sorry about the whole thing... it was a great idea but as usual I didn't stick to it. (Kind of like this blog.) I have trouble sticking to things sometimes.
Here's my news, to all those interested:
- Still working at the most awesome and time-consuming job ever. I love seeing my work online and in print every day. It rocks so much! Even on the days I'm at the office until 8 or 9 pm... oh yeah, and that one night I was there 'til midnight...
- I am still madly hopelessly wonderfully truly in love with that boyfriend of mine... our 1-year mark will be October 21st. It's kind of amazing to me that this blog witnessed the last year of my singledom, our first date almost a year ago, and now my life as it is with him in my life. The more I think about it, the more I realize how I've documented a huge milestone in my life just blogging for that one year. It's like a part of me knew I needed to have it written down. (Yes, parts of me are also sappy and insane now.)
- I got a NEW car. This awesome job I have pays me enough to live (who knew?) and breathe (wow!). Plus, my old car kept needing all these stupid repairs. So I thought, why the hell not? I got a 2007 Toyota Yaris, which came loaded with all the extras I wanted, and it's even the exact color I wanted. I wanted a hybrid, but I couldn't afford one, so I went with the next lowest gas mileage I could find. It's especially wonderful now that I commute so far to work every day.
- Still going to college to get my Bachelor's degree... even though I kind of hate it right now. The classes are too easy and boring, which makes me want to skip class and not do homework. And my classmates are all fresh-out-of-high school, no-talent, no-skill, skinny-bitch-girls. "Uhm, teehee, it's either graphic design, cosmetology, massage therapy, or nursing... I think I'll just flip a coin. Um wait... aren't there any 4-sided coins?"
- Recently reaffirmed my lack of faith. This sounds strange, I know, but I'm very glad I'm finally making some firm decisions with my religious beliefs. And my firm decision is: I don't have any religious beliefs.
- Of course, I'm still a vegetarian and, if anything, that in itself is my one true faith. I have seen a few documentaries lately on animal rights, and while I wouldn't recommend them to meat-eaters, I would be happy to recommend them to any veg*ians out there. Nadine recently went vegetarian and has been doing really well with it. Even though she says I was the initial influence, I know she came to this conclusion on her own. And that's the way it should be.