Monday, April 30, 2007

Blogging hiatus.

Alright.

Many of you already know that I quit my job 2 weeks ago. What you may not know is that finding a new job is a full-time job. With no pay. I'm not officially unemployed yet (actually, that would free up a lot of time for me), but the time is drawing very near. I haven't yet woken up in the middle of the night hyperventilating and worrying how I will afford my next student loan payment or when I will ever see a full tank of gas again... but just wait.

I have not found any time to write here, unfortunately. I will see what I can do in the future, but it doesn't look promising.

And even more unfortunately, I've neglected What the BLOG!? Like, badly. And I know it's all my fault. I hope our members can forgive me.

But my saviors Tiffany and Mikala are going to keep WTB going in my (brief???) absence. If you're wondering what's going on with What the Blog!? please go check out Tiffany's post, in which she tells you WTF!? is happening at WTB!?

P.S. Does anyone want to hire me? Uhm, I am not willing to relocate at this time. Mkay, t'anks.

5 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

I wish you the best of luck in your job search Jen!

I'll be here when you get back to blogging again.

Rebecca said...

Good luck in the job search. I have to do that in a few weeks too. I know it is not fun and not looking forward to it.

Michelle said...

Hey girly, how's everything going? E-mail me...

I haven't heard from Tiffany - starting to freak me out!

Peg said...

Augh...job stuff sucks. Hang in there, and keep looking--you'll find something well suited to you, I'm sure!

In the meantime, call your student loan servicing company and ask them to outline for you the Forbearance and Hardship programs for which you may be eligible. You'll still accumulate interest, but no negs on the old credit report. And no nasty calls from Sallie, either...they're usually good for six months or so. Gives you a bit of breathing room, kwim?
Good Luck!
~Peg

Kendra said...

i'm thinking of just giving 2 weeks notice at my present job as well without having something else lined up. not sure if that's the best decision and after reading this post i feel even more strongly about that. but i'm going out of my mind with the job and don't know how much more i can handle! any advice?!