Music is my #3 favorite thing ever, so of course I'm excited about this taggy-post from the lovely and stupendous Tiffany. So, I'm supposed to list the Top 10 Songs in my iTunes library...
Okay, so I don't use iTunes and will probably never use iTunes. I don't even know what's so great about it (or care). My excuse for a long time was that I don't have a Mac (yet), but now I know you can use iTunes whether you have a Mac or PC, so that excuse is out the window.
My new excuse: I don't like music organizers. I make the rules, damnit.
Anyway, so I'm gonna bring up one of my all-time-greatest-songs mixes in WinAmp (yeah, that's right, WinAmp. How can you use anything else?) and list the top Songs from that instead.
Tiffany posted her top 25 though, so I think I'll post 25 too. Mostly because it's super hard for me to narrow it down to my favorites.
I'm also supposed to list them in Song - Artist - Album format, which is going to be hard because, uhm, I have to Google most of these to find that out. (yeah yeah I know if I used iTunes it would do all that crap for me. shut it.)
And, because I'm a visual person, I thought I'd add some pics that I googled. Then I felt extremely old because some of the bands I listen to look 5-10 years younger than me. And I'm only 23.
- Done Wrong - Ani DiFranco - Dilate
- All Hail the Heartbreaker - The Spill Canvas - Sunsets and Car Crashes
- Take Me Anywhere - Tegan and Sara - So Jealous
- It's Cool, We Can Still Be Friends - Bright Eyes - Transmission One: Tea at the Palaz of Hoon
- Combat Baby - Metric - Old World Underground, Where Are You Now?
- Probably - Kevin Devine - Split the Country, Split the Street
- Spanish Doll - Poe - Haunted
- Waste of Paint - Bright Eyes - Lifted or The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground - [see above photo]
- I Wasn't Prepared - Eisley - Room Noises
- Ever So Sweet - The Early November - The Room's Too Cold
- I Don't Miss You Anymore - Lisa Ekdahl - Sings Salvadore Poe (Bonus track)
- Sitting, Waiting, Wishing - Jack Johnson - Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
- Winter - Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes
- Calling You - Blue October - History for Sale
- Brightest - Copeland - Beneath the Medicine Tree
- Here I Am - Tegan and Sara - Unreleased/Live - [see above photo]
- Forget December - Something Corporate - Songs for Silent Movies
- Anything - Plain White T's - All That We Needed
- Riot Nrrrd - 2 Skinnee J's - Super Marcado
- TKO - Le Tigre - This Island
- Broken - Lucky Boys Confusion - Commitment
- Not Tonight - Tegan and Sara - If It Was You - [see above photo]
- Are You Sad? - Our Lady Peace - Spiritual Machines
- The Absence of God - Rilo Kiley - Execution of All Things
- Spawn - Silverchair - Neon Ballroom
Whoa, that's way too many photos. Good luck loading this page.
If you don't know any of these bands, you are severely depriving yourself of some really great music. You're probably too busy listening to crap on the radio that you've forgotten there are real bands out there in this world.
(And yes, I'm a music snob. but I'm a closet music snob, which means I pretend I'm not a snob most of the time and when it's completely appropriate I break out with a "WHAT IS THAT CRAP YOU'RE LISTENING TO?" and also I never admit my music guilty pleasures... you would be a bit suprised, I think.)
That's it. I'm done with the music taggy post. I tag... uhm. Everyone who reads my blog has already been tagged by Tiffany. So, I tag everyone else. That's right, that means you Missy. :)