My 5th tag.
Taggy-thing from Tiffany.
You're supposed to bold the things that you have done... check it out: I have done 39 out of 150. Which is slightly more than I thought I would have marked off on this list. Yay, I surprise myself.
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink ... I would but I'm usually broke by the time I get drunk enough to want to do this.
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain ... not technically, unless you count a car ride up a mountain.
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said “I love you” and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise ... just once, after my Junior prom.
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game (and survived the crush afterwards) ... I don't even know what this means.
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables ... used to grow tomatos and parsley.
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars ... my house is underneath the stars though.
20. Changed a baby’s diaper
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne ... It was nasty-ass pink champagne too. And I have done this TWICE. Apparently I didn't learn the first time.
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster ... just recently.
35. Hit a home run ... does kickball count?! Cuz I rocked the kickball at recess!
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking ... I have to be drinking a lot to do this though.
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk
42. Had amazing friends ... I still do.
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country ... how about "danced with a stranger FROM a foreign country". Or Walleye.
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign ... not a sign, but an orange construction cone.
46. Backpacked in Europe.
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero ... when I was little. Not recently, unless you count Awesome Girl.
58. Sung karaoke ... On St Patrick's Day after multiple shots, I sang Madonna's "Like a Virgin" with a complete stranger.
59. Lounged around in bed all day ... I have had my fill of this from my surgery recovery crap (well over 2 years ago).
60. Played touch football
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken ... this can be easy for me. It depends on the guy/situation.
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert”
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage ... my worst fear ever.
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark ... no, but I ate squid jerky my uncle brought back from Korea when I was 8 or 9 (pre-vegetarian). It was still perfectly in it's normal squid-shape and everything.
88. Kissed on the first date ... I prefer to if I like the guy.
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently ... took French for 5 years and learned practically nothing.
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking ... every single day.
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart ... it's a part of life.
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol ... yes, fired a hunting rifle or something at targets in Outdoor Education class in 6th grade. It was in this class that I was first reunited with Nadine too! (I did not shoot her.)
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild ... best. mushrooms. ever.
118. Ridden a horse ... once in Outdoor Education class in 6th grade, and again at a friend's farm in 10th grade.
119. Had major surgery ... yay! back surgery!
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours ... I've been really really close.
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about ... only in the sense that some of my friends and family no longer think that I'm completely insane about not eating meat. I'm not sure if that counts.
130. Gone back to school ... after dropping out of highschool and getting a GED (long story), I finally went back to school to get a college degree. Because I was very scared I would be working retail or fast food my whole life without one. Annnnnd my parents made me.
132. Touched a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey ... this was the ONLY book assigned in school that I actually read.
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read ... Maya Angelou
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions ... I haven't done this... YET.
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language ... yeah, customers and/or a few of my coworkers. It's Omaha, this is almost a daily occurance.
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident ... I lightly scraped bumpers with a lady because I didn't yield to her like I should have. It was literally my FIRST DAY driving my new car without an adult at age 16. I was all by myself, driving home from a guitar lesson. She was going straight at the light and I was turning left in front of her. She had the right away, but because she wasn't moving forward at all at first, I (stupidly) assumed she was waiting to turn without her turn-signal or that she had a red light. I started to turn left in front of her, and got most of the way in the lane when she started to go forward towards me. We both stopped completely and I realized that if I didn't finish going left I would be completely in her way anyway. But she was still creeping forward too, and I thought I had enough room to get by her (I have lame depth perception and also I was panicking), but instead I very slowly scraped our bumpers together as I finished my left turn. She got out and was screaming at me in another language and the only words she said in English weren't nice either... I was sobbing after a while of this, and she wouldn't even let me use her cell phone to call my mom. When the officer came to the scene he examined the "damage" to my teeny Ford Escort and to her gianormous SUV (there was some dirt/dust, and completely miniscule scratches) and he asked the lady to just let things go because there was not enough damage to warrant any kind of follow-up at all, but she insisted that I get a ticket for something. That was my one-and-only accident caused by me. Okay, I had to tell that story... moving on...
150. Saved someone’s life ... I helped save my dad's life around March 2006 by promptly calling an ambulance and keeping him from passing out by patting his face and talking to him. He had 2 blood clots that had travelled to his lungs (we found out later), and he could have died if we hadn't reacted so quickly. I only played that small part though, thank god, because the paramedics and firemen arrived within 3-4 minutes of my phone call (although it feels like an excruciatingly long time when someone you love is having an out-of-the-blue, unidentified attack right in front of your eyes). The firemen and paramedics took over from there and did an absolutely excellent job.
nadine: YOU AREN'T IN A STUDY GROUP9:49 AM jen: yeah, he and I are going to go to this new study group on Monday nights.