Friday, October 06, 2006

Worlds and worlds of fun.

Echo and I are going to Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, MO on Saturday. YAY!!

I haven't been there since 7th grade. And I haven't had a vacation in over 2 years. Since my surgery, the only time I have left the Omaha area (I'm not counting going to Tekamah!) was to drive 3 1/2 hours to the middle of nowhere to see Mr. Country Boy (oh, fun fun).

So, this short vacation will be so awesome. I am super excited. I can't wait to ride the roller coasters. Check out these pics I "borrowed" (if it's right-clickable, it's FREE) from the Coaster Gallery. They are of a handful of different roller coasters featured at Worlds of Fun. If you click on the images, you can see the full-size images in all their roller-coastery glory.

On a slightly related note, something is seriously wrong with my digital camera. I know it's not the best camera on earth, but what in the holy hell, it should be better than it is! It won't seem to accept ANY batteries all of a sudden. I'm worried that I'll have to hunt down the manufacturer batteries only and pay way too much for them. The intruction booklet says I can use other kinds of batteries. And yet... other batteries last for approximately 42 seconds and then they are completely "depleted". Awesome.

So, I guess I will be buying a couple of disposable cameras for our trip to W.O.F. And then taking 4 years to remember to get it developed at Walgreens. Which is the whole damn reason I bought a digital camera in the first place, so that I'd never have to deal with film again or pay for developing. Ya know the thing that would solve all of this? My own dark room. Oh... and knowing how to use a dark room. That would help also.

Friday night Echo and I are going to CompUSA to do a little detective work. I'll let you know how that goes.


Here is today's quick-list of Things That Mak
e Me a Wee Bit Annoyed:

  • It's official... or at least, I finally read about it and it's probably been official for 30 years already: The Wii will only be launched in white. Nooooooooo.
  • Drivers that honk at me as I'm nearing the top of my driveway, as if they assume I have no idea that there is a busy street outside the house where I live. I want to seriously ram into them anyway and say "Oh GOSH, I just moved here 18 years ago! I totally forgot about the street... my bad!"
  • Anyone that drives practically on my bumper while driving through a neighborhood that clearly has multiple kids playing in the front yards and/or sidewalk. I don't know how many times I have driven through my own neighborhood and a damn kid kicks a ball accidentally into the street. And yes, they will run full speed directly in front of my car to retrieve the ball. That is what kids do, okay? So get off my bumper please, it is not a race to see who can kill the most kids! (And if that is your plan, then by all means, I will let you win.)
  • My coworkers.
  • My coworkers.
  • My coworkers.
  • My coworkers.
  • FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE STOP INSTALLING SMILEY-CENTRAL AND BONZI-BUDDY!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is going to be so much FUN! YAY!

Unknown said...

I grew up in Kansas, and I LOVE Worlds of Fun. Do they still have the Timberwolf?

Nate Smith
http://nateisablog.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Whats a bonzi buddy?