Monday, September 04, 2006

Getting the short straw.

Nice girls finish last just as often as nice guys. Guys can't say they are the only ones who get the short end of the stick. It bothers me when men talk down about us, as if women are the only gender group that treats the other poorly. Yeah, some chicks are mean/crazy/whatever, but ditto for guys. I won't claim that guys are more mean/crazy/whatever. It only feels that way because of the side I'm on.

I just want to say that I'm tired of the guys having the upperhand all the time. I could easily be one of those I'm-not-gonna-take-any-of-your-crap type of girls that will ditch you for looking at her wrong. Conversely, I could easily be a pathetic doormat with no opinions of her own and no personality either. But instead I'm normal. I put up with quite a fair amount of crap, and am also not afraid to tell you how it is if you need to hear it. Okay, let's face it, you all know I put up with more than a fair amount. In fact, I am actually borderline doormat with certain guys.

However, it seems more and more that I should be the not-gonna-take-your-crap chick. At least I'd have respect. No dates, but respect... that's more important, right? Right... well I don't for sure anymore. And how much more frustrated can I get before I become that girl anyway?

I just feel some days that I am pulling out the short straw in every round. I should try a little experiment, in which I am not the loser in the end. Or at least, don't feel like one. But alas, I'll never force myself into being that girl, because in the end, I prefer making others happy instead of myself. And it needs to change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's just get drunk!

Jen!! said...

LOL, that's why I love you Echo!